CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12/2/11

What's for Breakfast Christmas Morning?

Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix 

Do you do anything special for breakfast on special days? Birthdays? Mothers Day? Christmas or Easter?

When I was growing up Mom used to make homemade Cinnamon Rolls with pecans on top. Their still my all time favorite breakfast treat. But unless you have a family or an event to take them to - you don't want a dozen or two of those sitting around. (I'd eat them all - what about you?)

King Arthur Flour has several mixes that are perfect for small families (of 2 or 3) or slightly larger families of 4-6 people. They sent me a box of their Pumpkin Spiced Pancake Mix (LUV Pancakes!) to review and WOW is all I can say.

The instructions to make these pancakes give you a couple of options - you can make a 1/2 box at a time and that's what I did. You could also make up the whole box which makes approximately 11 servings (maybe if you made up dollar size pancakes & each person had 2).

King Arthur Maple Syrup - 10 oz.I made the first batch up using my muffin tin to make Pancakes to Go. I wasn't so impressed with that recipe as it just didn't fulfill my need for pancakes & syrup. I used a recipe I found on Spark People where you mix up the batter and add sausage or bacon and bake it in a muffin pan. It was OK - I'm sure the reason I didn't care for it was because I didn't use the recipe that was originally used but tried it with a mix. (?)

About a month later I used the other 1/2 of the box to make up regular pancakes using the recipe on the box. Oh WOW - now that was good! Just by adding 2 eggs, butter and milk I filled my craving for pancakes! The pancakes are perfectly seasoned with cinnamon, molasses and pumpkin. I really wish I would of used the whole box on this instead of making up the first recipe. The box mix definitely doesn't need to be doctored. There is also a recipe for waffles on the box & I'll make those up next time.

Great Gift Basket or Hostess Gift!

Why not give a box of pancake mix & a jar of 
King Arthur Maple Syrup to a friend this year?


King Arthur offered me a box of the Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix to sample and write my review. No money exchanged hands and I wasn't required to write a positive review. Thanks King Arthur!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Falling Christmas Object Gadget